Monday, September 16, 2013

Steam in the Valley

Steam Study #1
I went down to the Valley to see the Steam Engine at the Boston Mills Depot twice - on Saturday night and then again on Sunday morning to take Laura to see it too. On Saturday evening they were letting everyone walk right up to the train - that is when I shot photos like the one above. I went though a good part of a roll of Kodak Tri-X shooting close-ups of the different parts of the engine - trying to capture the mechanics mixed with the steam and smoke. I ended up with a bunch of stuff I liked - these are my favorites.
Nickel Plate Road No. 765
The Nickel Plate Road No. 765 - Tri-X looks "vintage" enough on its own - but I added a bit of sepia tone in Photoshop to really get the old-school-feel going. Railroad Men
Train Men - what can I say - I love this photo. Steam in the Valley
Big Black Smoke
Coal Car
This gut walked in front of me without even looking - I was pretty ticked at the time - but now I like it better than the same shot I took after he walked out of my frame. Big Black Smoke
If you look at the steam you can tell the train is actually going backwards in this shot. Steam Power
Steam and Wheels
I might eventually upload some of my digital shots - or I might not - I like these - you can't be mad at that!

No comments: