Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Manchester Road Morning

Magic Hour Walk
This morning I went for a hike on the Towpath Trail north from the Manchester Road Trailhead. A few years ago I parked here and headed South but I had never hiked the part of the trail I walked today. The morning was perfect - the sun was just rising over the horizon and starting to burn off the fog - always one of my favorite situations to shoot in - you can point your camera in almost any direction and get an interesting shot - as long as you expose correctly (you're light meter is going to be much help in a situation like this). I feel the clock ticking on the remaining nice weather for the season - it serves as my motivation to drag myself out of bed at 6 in the morning.
Driven
This junkyard was on the other side of a fence - but through the slats I could see the perfect light on this truck. I used the live-view screen and held my camera over the fence, between the barbed-wire and shot this. 
Watery Dreams
Boat Garden - I shot this the same way as the truck photo. Fog, Webs, and Morning
Spider webs and sunrises - can't go wrong there! Horizontal
I like the lined up, horizontal weeds in the background. Backlight Wildflowers
Backlit Wildflowers - yes, I shoot these kind of flowers every year in late Summer - I mean, you can't be mad at that!

No comments: