Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Maybe, I don't really wanna know....

Front Garden Here is a partial garden update. Everything is looking good so far and we've somehow managed to keep the deer out(for now). We've also trapped 9 chipmunks and they finally have seemed to stop coming around. I've decided I'm never planting anything "heirloom" again - it just grows way to slow for my yard. Gimmie those hybrids created by modern science....
I shot these with my 6D and 50mm lens - I added a vignettes and a healthy dose of contrast and vibrance in Photoshop.

Cilantro Cilantro - don't know why but the cilantro is growing ten times faster than any other herbs we planted. Pickling Cukes We used this tower for petunias last year - this year we put pickling cukes in it. White Pumpkins These are white pumpkins - pumpkins are a challenge in our yard but we managed to get a couple of pie pumpkins last year... Purple Basil This purple basil may be the best smelling herb ever. Can't wait to get it on a pizza. Romas Roma - growing way faster than the "heirlooms". We have cherry tomatoes in the raised beds which are looking good too. Romaine Lettuce Romaine Lettuce - we planted this around a maple tree in our backyard - it has taken a beating from the weather but is still going...
Hops and Grapes
Hops and Grapes. Not a great shot but I had to show how awesome the hops are doing - I have nowhere left for them to go. The grapes on the other side are concordes.
Flowering Tomatoes Tomato Flower - this is a mystery plant - I didn't grow this one from seed - I bought it cheap at Acme and it didn't have a label. Romanian Peppers Romanian Sweet Yellow Peppers - flowering!
To Be Continued....

No comments: