Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Colorful Morning Downtown

Exchange at Sunrise
I woke this morning and decided to try and capture some sunrise photos - the question was where? With the government being "partially shutdown" I decided I didn't want to risk driving to the Valley only to not be able to get into a parking lot. I decided to head Downtown instead. I parked at Cascade Locks and walked into town and towards campus. I've had the newish parking deck on Exchange Street in the back of my mind for a while and I climbed its stairs right as the sun began to rise. I managed a few golden hour images that I really liked - and here they are. Unfortunately the bit of fog that was hanging around added a hazy look to some of the photos that otherwise would have turned out pretty good.
Parking Deck
When I saw this I knew it looked cool - even looking at it now I know I like it but I'm not sure why. Its just one of those "there's something about it" images. Sunrise Downtown
Can't go wrong with some early sun. Tracks and Fog
Curved train tracks and fog - a classic - you can't be mad at that!

No comments: