Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back at the Laundromat

Machines II
I developed another roll of Tri-X this evening - which again came out great. I shot this roll with my Rokinon 28mm f/2.8 lens to test it out(on my Minolta X-700). It turns out that it is not the sharpest lens but it will do when I really need a wide-angle on a Minolta.
I've also realized that I seem to like the contrast I get when I under-expose my photos by a stop or two below what the meter on my X-700 reads. I need to look into whether this means I should be exposing more and developing less - but since I'm only doing six minutes of developing that seems risky. Maybe its time to try a more diluted form of HC-110 to allow more latitude in the development time. I sure am getting super-film-nerdy, eh?
Chair Study #1Open

No comments: