Friday, December 15, 2017

Throwbacks Throwback

Video Devices
My friend Josh's Dad knows that I like old school technology - especially cameras. He was cleaning out his attic and dropped off this video gear that was his Dad's to me at the studio. I found the Mansfield Reporter viewer thing to be particularly interesting - a device for previewing/editing 8mm(I'm sure they were common I've just never seen one). I haven't done the research on exactly what I have here - I'm much more of a still camera expert - but I will.
I was too busy yesterday to get my "Throwback Thursday" post up but in a way this feels like a big throwback. Spending a Friday night photographing and posting about vintage camera gear is giving me deja vous - as that was often something I would be doing on an uneventful weekend night when this blog started. In fact - shooting my vintage cameras is how I began to learn studio-style lighting.


Projector
The inner-workings of the projector that was in the box of gear. Don't get me wrong - I'm glad I work in the age of Adobe Premiere Pro - but I love mechanical devices.
Reels
I have multiple old movie reels - but I thought this copper one was super cool.

No comments: