Saturday, December 30, 2017

Indoor Droning

DJI Mavic Pro
My DJI Mavic has a mode called "tripod" which slows down its movements - you would use for slower cinematic shots or flying indoors. I decided to try it out in the studio and capture some images of the drone in flight. I took off and the drone instantly started wandering as warning screens flashed. I promptly freaked out and crashed it into a light stand and the corner breaking two of the propellers. Fortunately I had replacements and no other damage was done. I re-calibrated everything and the drone then hovered perfectly and I captured these photos. Bedsides my pilot error, I'm not sure what went wrong the first time.


DJI Mavic Pro
From below
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Mavic Pro
Seeing this on the darker background makes me want to use some grids on my lights and completely black out the background - I think it would make for a really cool shot - especially from the perspective of the first shot in this blog.



Update: I forgot the drone also shot me!
From the Drone

No comments: