Saturday, December 23, 2017

Furnishing Eternity

David Giffels
David Giffels dropped by the studio last summer to get an updated author profile and a couple casual shots as well. He needed them for his new book - 'Furnishing Eternity' - the book ships on January 2nd and can be ordered now. He gave me a proof of the book which I read last Fall. I'm not a book reviewer(or good writer for that matter) but I love to read and the book is fantastic. The book deals with mortality - from the passing of his mom and best friend and the realization that his dad won't be around forever. I'm not a believer in things happening for a reason - but there are coincidences that make life interesting. For example a day after finishing the book David's dad called me and came to the studio to have me scan some old negatives from when he was a kid. I've met David's dad numerous times over the years - but there is still something about having a conversation with a man you just read a book about. There were also a few instances in the book where David was telling a story about his best friend, John, and I thought to myself - oh yeah - I remember that - I was there that night! The descriptions of losing a best friend are poignant no matter what, more so when you know them, and then even more when yours dies a few weeks later - which is what happened to me. Anyways - the book would still be amazing without any of those connections.
You can order it HERE and read an actual review HERE.


David Giffels
On the back porch of the studio.

No comments: