Thursday, August 15, 2013

Familiar Places, New Light

Overlaps
For the last few weeks the above title has been a photographic theme for me. I've been going on hikes/walks to places I've been many times before but trying to get there in time for the best possible light(usually early morning). Sometimes I can feel stuck or like I've been treading the same photographic ground too much - so this has been an exercise in meeting that situation head-on. This morning I started at Cascade Locks(one of the first places I ever photographed with a digital camera)and walked into downtown Akron as the Sun rose. I didn't come away with anything quite as interesting as I had hoped but I still enjoyed the challenge of trying to see something new in such familiar territory. I've also been shooting some black and white film on these trips which I should have posted soon. I do find myself reversing trends and shooting more digital lately - but that probably has a lot to do with the "magic hour" lighting I've been trying to capture.
Cascade Reflections
Cascade Reflections
Trumpet Vine
Trumpet Vine
The Y-Bridge at Sunrise
Y-Bridge Sunrise

No comments: