Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Brews + Prose

David Giffels
Last night I went out to Market Garden Brewery for Brews + Prose - a book reading series. The authors were my friend, David Giffels, and Alissa Nutting. David was hoping I could capture a photo that could be used for his soon to be released book 'The Hard Way on Purpose' - which he read from(and he absolutely killed it, the essay was awesome and the crowd loved it). The lighting was a little challenging but I did my best shooting 'natural light' - ISO 640 f/2.8 at 1/60th. The noise will be manageable when the photo is shrunk down to the size it will be used at - I just hope that I caught an expression David is happy with(the reflections in his glasses were challenging too - had to get the right angle). Alissa Nutting read from her book Tampa and was intense and hilarious at the same time. I had never been to a book reading before but would definitely attend again in the future - having a few of Cleveland's finest craft beers just added to the experience(if you haven't had Market Garden's CitraMax yet you are missing out).
Alissa Nutting
Alissa Nutting
KickStarter
Hosts
Half-Crowd
High-ISO partial crowd shot. The event was in the basement room at Market Garden - which I never even knew existed.
  Reading from 'The Hard Way on Purpose'
More David

No comments: