Sunday, April 5, 2020

Third Time Isn't the Charm

Darkness
I took the opportunity offered to Ferrania Kickstarter supporters to buy five rolls of P30 Alpha at 5 bucks a piece. I have now shot three of the rolls but I've spaced them out and shot them in such unique situation that I didn't realize that I was messing up the development. I did try a different method this time but I would simply say that using Kodak HC-110 is not a good idea with this film. Again, the contrast was through the roof. I used dilution H this time at twelve minutes. As you'll see the few images I posted are way to contrasty. I made a video about it which is at the bottom of the blog. You can also see my other two rolls here and here - though it worth noting that I now know it was my development that was off - not the setting or situations.


Darkness
This might be my favorite of the bunch - the highlights actually look pretty cool.
Darkness
I didn't bother photoshopping off all the dust on this shot.
Darkness
Darkness
So yeah - eve those these results are way over the top I still did decide to post these few that I thought were kind of neat in spite of the mistake.
Darkness
This would be a great high-contrast image - just not THIS high contrast.
Darkness
same.
Darkness
So strange.
Darkness
Darkness
Darkness
I thought this was a interesting image too.
Here is the video with some Ferrania history and a bit more detail on these three rolls.

No comments: