Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Paris (Under)Exposed

Paris
When I pulled this roll out of the fix I thought to myself, "oh no, did I somehow just develop a roll of film I didn't expose?" Upon closer inspection I realized there was a little bit there - just vastly underexposed. It didn't take me long to realized I must have shot this roll of Ferrania P30 with my camera still set to ISO 400(because I usually shoot Tri-X400). There is a chance I realized this when I went into a Paris camera store to buy a few rolls of Kodak Tri-X and that I would have planned to try and develop for the mistake - but over the intervening months I had simply forgot. So anyway - most of the roll is a waste(or at least not worth editing and posting) but a few of these shots still came out kind of interesting. 


Paris
This shot of the Eiffel Tower came out interesting because of the way the names "pop" - I feel like I accidentality made a slightly original image of the most photographed building in the world.
Paris
I always like to shoot my black and white film contrasty - it doesn't get much more so than this without being a complete silhouette.
Paris
same.
Paris
Looking up Montmartre. Again - not what I was going for but an interesting image nonetheless.
Paris
Paris
'Cyclist and his Reflection' I do like the dreamy quality of this photo - but I also believe in intention - so even though I shared this it is a mistake.
Paris
'Tracks' This might be the closest to something I was going for - I remember the way the sun was hitting the tacks and wanting a strong contrast in the image.
Paris
The first permanent photograph was an 8 hour exposure taken by Joseph Nicéphore Niépce in 1826 out of his Paris studio window. My image above is only slightly better quality ; )
Paris
Looking across the Seine at Ile de la Cité and Notre Dame.
Paris
In my defense when we arrived in France and hit the streets I hadn't slept in something like over 24 hours but I was very excited and we hit the streets. This is still a good reminder to pay more attention to what I'm doing - it is a bummer to botch a roll of film from a once in a lifetime trip.

No comments: