Thursday, January 10, 2019

France on Film

Streets
I'm a 'to-do list" maker and developing my rolls of film from my April trip to France has been on my list since I got back. I'm pleased to say I finally got the first one done and there are some great shots in there. They came out well even though I did a number of things wrong. I put this roll in the development tank months ago - and while I didn't think that would effect it - I didn't know for sure. Then when developing it I accidently poured the stop bath in before the developer - I did the whole development routine before realizing what I had done. I rinsed the film a few times and started over. Finally - when I went to hang dry the film I knocked a dirty rafter worrying me that the film would dry very dusty. Despite all the results were really good! 


Vieux Lyon
I haven't done a film post for a while so here are the technical details for the nerds. This is a roll of Kodak Tri-X ISO 400 shot with a Minolta X-700 with a red 25a filter and developed in Kodak HC-110 dilution b for 6 minutes with agitations every 30 seconds. This is my most standard procedure for shooting analog - I love the crunchy, contrasty look I get.
Vieux Lyon
Remnants in Vieux Lion
Vieux Lyon
These are the few remains of the sound wall on the back of the Roman Theater.
Vieux Lyon
I handed Erin my 5D to have her shoot a photo of me in the theater - I have a similar one I took years ago outside Rome.
La tour Eiffel
Le tour Eiffel in Spring.
Palais Garnier
Palais Garnier - I actually think I like my color shot of this better(there were five earlier France posts - they are in April/May and you can find them in the sidebar)
Pont du Gard
The light came out at the perfect time to catch some awesome photos of the Point du Gard aqueduct(tallest in the Roman World)
Pont du Gard
I'm so happy with this shot. This site was a bucket list item.
Pont du Gard
As I've posted elsewhere - I always remembered seeing photos of this in our history books and I always wondered how I would get here to see it.
Château de Beaucaire
From the Château de Beaucaire - the on again off again rain was a bit frustrating - but it did make for some nice dramatic skies with my red filter on the lens.
Château de Beaucaire
Centuries
Château de Beaucaire
Fly the Flag - Château de Beaucaire
Notre Dame
Notre Dame from behind
Notre Dame
Selfie!
Notre Dame
One of the famous booksellers with Notre Dame behind.
I'm hoping to get the next roll developed a little later today.

No comments: