Thursday, May 23, 2013

"The Beast"

"The Beast"
I was shooting the breeze with my friend Rick the other day in his photography studio - we were discussing old cameras and developing film when he told me he had something to show me. After searching a few of his cabinets he pulled out this monster, a Fuji GSW690III. It is a rangefinder that takes 120mm film and makes 6x9 exposures(kinda an over-sized Leica). I started to mess around with it a bit and Rick asked if "I'd like to borrow it and try it out?" Of course I would! "You're gonna get some strange looks walking around with that this weekend!" No doubt. I loaded it up with a roll of Fuji Neopan Acros 100 - a film I've never shot before. I also ordered a roll of Fuji Velvia 50 to run through it next, which should be a perfect combination(as long as I expose correctly(no light meter on this behemoth)).  I'm pretty excited to use this.
I should have some photos posted next week.

No comments: