Friday, February 21, 2014

T-Maximum

West
I developed my first roll of T-Max 400(that I won in this contest) yesterday. Its a roll that kind of made it all over the place. I am pretty positive now that it isn't actually my first roll of T-Max 400 ever as it looks exactly like Lomography Lady Grey 400(or Lady Grey is just T-Max in a different wrapper). I developed it for six minutes in dilution b of Kodak HC-110.

Private Parking 'Private Parking' Rooftop 'Rooftop' - I shot his at the same time as the post from two days ago. I like the black and whites much better than the color digital shots - way moodier. Hobos 'Hobos'
A standard piece of camera advice that i've often come across is to always set your camera back to some kind of standard when returning to your bag or shelf. On my Canon this is ISO 160, f/11, 1/125th and I'm usually pretty good about doing this - its very helpful when you need to quickly pull the camera out to shoot something - its a time saver knowing what dials to change quickly. Anyways the other day I saw this old man and a kid head down towards these train tracks as a train was coming. The light was good, the footprints looked cool and I knew they were going to jump on this train. Well I snapped about 5 frames and it wasn't until after they were out of sight that I realized my Minolta was in full manual mode instead of aperture priority as usual. So what I thought was being shot at 1/500 was really being shot at 1/60. These photos were all really blown out - the above one was only kind of saved with a heavy hand in Photoshop. It also points out a flaw in the X-700 - that it only shows in the viewfinder the recommended setting and not the actual setting(they fixed this on the X-570). Anyways - its a good reminder to always set your camera back to your regular settings after a shoot. Peninsula Fences Another one of my classic 'leading lines' shots. Boarwalk Everybody loves a curve. Westside Market 'New View' - the Westside Market in Ohio City. Westside Market II Westside Market
Old Werner Co. Union Hall
The Werner Company Building
Originally part of an 11 building complex erected in 1895. Werner was a huge publishing/printing company.

No comments: