Monday, February 17, 2014

Stands and Mods

Flying 
I have a shoot coming up where I plan to use a few borrowed light modifiers and stands that I haven't used before. The lighting style I plan to use I've done before but just not on this scale. So I figured it would be a good idea to set-up the equipment and tear it down a few times to become familiar with it. There is nothing worse than fumbling around with gear when you are trying to get a job done. I don't have the space in my basement to set things up the way I would like to but it was still helpful. With everything hooked up I figured I might as well test it out - so Laura sat for a series of portraits for me.
When I have the time I'd like to "clip" Laura out of the above photo and drop her into some cool flying situations....

Couple So romantic!
Portrait
I usually don't use "hair lights" or "rim lights" on portraits but I wanted to make sure all the lights were working in sync - so I set one up with a small soft box. They look a little 80's to me in certain situations...
Anyways - I think my "gear practice session" will help me be a little more efficient when I'm on the shoot - nothing wrong with some extra confidence and speed.

No comments: