Friday, September 5, 2014

Heirloom Tomatoes

Heirloom Tomatoes Martha Stewart Living is an amazing magazine - for the photography. I've flipped through it over at my parent's house multiple times - and she/or her editor is sparing no expense visually. I always particularly notice the food photography - be it the garden items or the cooked dishes - the lighting is always spot on perfect. Food photography is something I haven't messed around with too often - I always think of trying it after I cook something - but eating my dish warm usually wins out. So last week after I picked some tomatoes I decided to try and shoot them - the results came out really average. I emailed a copy to my friend Rick, a retired photographer, and he gave me advice in the way he often does, by asking "Why?" "Why that background?" "Why the pasta?" "Why is this there?" etc. So today after picking some heirlooms I decided to try again....and above is the result. Its definitely better but I still don't think its Martha Level yet.
- but there are more tomatoes ripening on the vine....

No comments: