Sunday, January 15, 2012

Photo Books

Books and Cameras
I read lots of photography stuff - multiple magazines and multiple blogs. Recently though I decided to let a couple of the subscriptions expire and have paired down my blog reading to a few that are indispensable. For years I have been amassing a decent collection of photography books from estate sales, flea markets, thrift stores and friends - I finally started to realize that I have this great library/resource that is just serving as decorations like so many of my vintage cameras. So one of my New Year's Resolutions is to start to actually read them - how novel!
I've started of with a series I have called "Masters of Contemporary Photography" and I'm already into to the third book - its really great stuff. Since I've also been fixing up some of my film cameras and relearning darkroom techniques these books serve as more than just a great history lesson....

Laura Napping
The second book I read in the series was about Elliot Erwitt - this photo was inspired by some of his famous photos from his personal life...

No comments: