Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Last Day in the Sandbox

Last Rolls
One day in my early 20's my friend, Pete, and I were hanging out at his Mom's house(where he grew up). We happened to walk back by his little covered sandbox and noticed something sticking out of the weed-overtaken-sand. We pulled it out to discover it was a plastic G.I.Joe toy tank. We ended up talking about how he must have had a "last day in the sandbox" - for years he loved playing with his tank in is sandbox....but one day he just never went back.
"So what are you getting at camera nerd?" you must be asking yourself now. In the photo above are rolls of 35mm color negative film. They all came out of second-hand cameras I have collected. One day someone took their last roll of film and never went back to the camera - didn't even take out the roll to get it developed. So my debate - should I find out what these lost memories are? Should I pay to get these rolls developed? Would you? When was your last day in the sandbox?
Leave me a comment....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would HAVE to get them developed! You got to find out what is on them!

David S. said...

If a roll of film is never developed were the shots really taken?
Of course they were!
Get them developed!

Anonymous said...

What if its really weird stuff, like REALLY weird stuff!! Think of the guy/girl's reaction when you pick it up.

Mike

Tim Fitzwater said...

One of the rolls is from a 1970s SRT-101...that could be an interesting one. Who knows when it was shot?

Jim Pantilens said...

Develop them!

Todd said...

Did you get them developed?

Tim Fitzwater said...

I put them in the mailbox yesterday to get them developed by MPix.com - my dumb mailman didn't take them - he better take them today.