Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Sunny Side of the Street

Townhall Yesterday I was up in Tremont to do a photo shoot for The Cleveland Brew Shop - an awesome home brew supply store. After the shoot I drove over to Ohio City to get a growler fill up at Great Lakes Brewing - they had a really good Belgian IPA on draft called American Belgo. I also had a glass of their Barrel Aged Black Out Stout - maybe the best bourbon barrel aged beer I've ever had - it's a russian imperial stout that finishes with the bourbon notes. When I was walking back to my car the sun shinning perfectly on the Townhall caught my eye and I had to put down my growler and shoot this. I also shot a half roll of film during the trip which will be up soon...

As a side note the blog F-Sunny my photo of the STX-1 for a comparison in their review of the New Fuji X-T1.   I've been very intrigued by the smaller form factor of many of the cameras coming out lately - and I really like the retro-design of this Fuji. I just don't know if I could give up on the optical viewfinder. The point of an SLR(to me at least) is seeing exactly what you are going to be shooting. I know these electronic viewfinders are improving by leaps and bounds so maybe my opinion will soon change... Fuji Fujica STX-1 Old Fuji

2 comments:

Mr. Newit said...

I agreed with you about EVFs until this last batch came around. I have had a few of them over the past few years and they were either always slow, flickery or had no dynamic range so everything was either black or white. As such, I have always wanted an OVF for my main camera. I just picked up a Sony A7R and now when I use an optical finder I get frustrated. Zooming and focus peaking is ideal for old lenses on new bodies and being able to see my histogram while shooting is invaluable. All of this said, I have Fuji Xpro1 and X100s as well. The hybrid finder still wins. So an SLR with an LCD overlay might be the true winner.

Tim Fitzwater said...

I will definitely consider and EVF camera when I am ready to buy a new body. I'm sometimes slow to accept change - but I can see the future.