Sunday, January 19, 2014

Chill Spot

Old
Late this afternoon I went back to the Cascade Locks/North Akron area. I had a very specific shot in mind that I wanted to take on Tri-X with my Minolta - which I think I got(I'll find out when I develop it tomorrow) but I also explored a few empty buildings in the area with my Canon 7D. The higher ISO capabilities of my digital camera were needed because I didn't have a tripod with me(I wasn't planning on taking indoor shots and the sun was bright). I was glad there was a fresh coat of snow on the ground so I could tell there weren't any people around - specially with the signs of drinking and drugging all around - I don't think I have what it takes to be an 'urban explorer' - at least on my own anyway.  

Chill Spot "Chill Spot" Seats "Old Seats" S Curve "S-Curve" Light Its just about the colors and light. Garage Garage behind the ABTEC building - which I believe Tony Troppe is redeveloping into lofts and a micro-brewery. Wheeled "Wheeled" Gone When I see a building like this I often think about when I'm old(or gone) how they will have collapsed, been torn down, or hopefully redeveloped. I almost feel an obligation to document them at this point in time. I do this a lot in the Akron area - kind of creating a record of my Akron. Often times I don't even post them. I guess I hope they will help out nerd like me some day who wants to see the 'recent past' - not necessarily just the ancient history. CVSR Obviously not gonna not take this photo.

No comments: