Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Abandoned in Peninsula - A Photo Essay

No Trespassing
My friend Josh gave me a Pentax K1000 that belonged to his Mom and I finally took it out for a test drive last week with a roll of Kodak UltraMax 400(I knew it was a slight gamble because the light seals looked a bit iffy - but it turned out fine). Again I really like the colors I got with the UltraMax - for being Kodak's regular consumer film I'm always impressed. The Pentax is a fairly simple machine - an all manual, bare-bones camera that only needs the battery to make the light meter work. I shot most of the roll as a photo essay at an abandoned nursery in Peninsula. A strange little place hidden in plain sight - I had that weird feeling that I was doing something wrong by being here - the classic "I'm being watched vibe" but I overcame the creepiness to get some good pictures.
Nursery
I can never figure out how long a place has been abandoned in the Valley. This one shows signs of fairly recent activity.
Shed
"The Shed" - strange that this place hasn't been ransacked - there was some pretty cool stuff laying around.
Growing
Mini-Greenhouse - for starting plants. Trellis
Trellises
Front Porch
Peeking Out
Green House
Shelving
Tobacco Sale
Plant Sale
Starters
Starters
Fertilizer
FoxFarm

No comments: