Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"New" Cameras

Today I went out to the other Village Thrift Store in town. I bought myself a few nice sweaters and a couple more cameras(when it rains, it pours).
"New" Cameras
Minolta Hi-Matic AF2This one is an early point and shoot Minolta - the Hi-Matic AF2. It came out in 1980 and although its not - it looks similar to the Minolta rangefinders of the time. It has a 38mm f/2.8 lens. Many people liked the fact that you could choose to pop-up the flash when you wanted(its not automatic(the camera gives you a warning beep in low light!))

Kodak Pony 135On the right is the Kodak Pony 135 and it was made between 1950-53. The lens is a Anaston 51mm f/4.5. I found this site about fixing the camera up. I haven't tested it to see if it works yet - its definitely an interesting looking camera(and my oldest).

No comments: