Monday, November 5, 2012

Back to Life?

Corn Stalks
This morning I woke up and decided to hit Marc's for some needed groceries and things. In the store I experienced anxiety like I never had before - I toughed it out - but only after nearly freaking out. Not many people can relate to the culture-shock of ending a 7 day a week job that takes up almost all your time for 6 months out of the year. Traffic can feel overwhelming, you think people are looking at you, you get easily confused - this is all no joke, and I require a slow assimilation into 'normal life'. After the experience at Marc's I decided to take a drive into the country. I stopped at Lehman's to pick up a few things then randomly drove around the farms of Wayne County. The weather was supposed to clear as the day went on but never did - so I barely made use of the three cameras in my car. I converted the above photo to black and white to better deal with the drab lighting. Some people like the soft light that a cloudy day can provide but I hate it for landscapes(which is what I wanted to shoot). Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my country drive amongst the tractors, Amish buggies and barns. In a few weeks I should be fully decompressed - until then go easy on me if I seem a little awkward in person..... Barn

No comments: