Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Firestone Morning

Firestone Sunrise
I always feel this need to photograph the landmarks around Akron - I think a big part of that is having witnessed the demise of many and never knowing which is the next one to go. This morning I decided to cross the iconic Firestone sign off my list. I found a parking lot on a hill across from it and shot it during the morning "magic hour". The light was perfect. I only wish I had a better lens at this focal length to use.

After photographing the Firestone sign I went for a walk along the Towpath Trail near Portage Lakes State Park.
Morning on the Canal
Goose takes flight...
Canadian Goose
Sunrise over the former Young's Restaurant sight.
Young No More

2 comments:

Rob said...

Neat pictures. Just curious, what would a better lens help with on the Firestone picture?

Tim Fitzwater said...

I had to remove some color fringing with Photoshop and it could be a tad sharper. There is something intangible I notice when I shoot with better lenses.