Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Luxuries

The Luxuries
Last night I went to the Matinee in Highland Square to see my friends' band The Luxuries play. It was the first time I've seen them and I was impressed.  Though I've played with Pete(singer) and Wes(drummer) it was my first time in a crowd watching the two of them in a band together.  
The LuxuriesThe Luxuries
Because I've shot so many bands at The Matinee I don't need to worry about my settings too much. I usually go with an ISO of 200, a shutter of 1/125, and bounce my flash of the ceiling at full power - I adjust my aperture for exposure. I like this because I can concentrate on catching a cool moment instead of worrying about the technical side of things.

The Luxuries
I'm always torn when editing live shots as to which ones I should change to black and white - I love the look it gives but I;m also a fan of bright/saturated colors. Its one of those things I can end up wasting far too much time on......
The Luxuries

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete's new band is pretty good.

Jim said...

Great action in these shots!