Monday, August 8, 2016

Garden Party

Garden Party
A few weeks ago the Akron Art Museum threw a party celebrating the opening of their "Bud and Susie Rogers Garden". The new space is wonderful. There is a spot for bands to play and activities to take place but it is also possible to wander around - there is a good "flow". I've enjoyed going downtown to outdoor events at the Museum for years - but after they build the new building and removed the old sculpture garden it wasn't the same. Now it is better than ever.


Garden Party
I've started to shoot more black and white film again this Summer. Since I ride my bike almost everywhere it is way more convenient to haul my 35mm SLR instead of the heavy dSLR equipment. Also - when an event is going to be well covered by another paid professional I like the idea of doing something different rather than replicating what they are already going to be doing a great job of.
Garden Party
Woops - missed the focus a bit on this photo of Dave, Fran and Ben - I still like it though.
Garden Party
'From the Top'
Garden Party
'Shadows'
Garden Party
'Skyline View'
Garden Party
'Flowers'
Garden Party
'Movement'
Garden Party
'Green Space'
Garden Party
'Late Light'
Garden Party
I shot these with my Minolta X-700 on Kodak Tri-X 400 and developed them in HC-110(dilution b).
Garden Party
'Future Bench'
Garden Party
Garden Party
See you at the next 'Downtown at Dusk'.

No comments: