Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Day Job


I sometimes post photos from the events I cover for work but I've rarely ever posted any of my product photography. Here I'm posting a small selection of photos I shot for a company based in Akron that was building a new website and working on a new catalog. I brought my lighting gear to their building and spent a few days shooting over a thousand photos. Lighting and shooting products is my favorite kind of work - but I'd be lying to say it didn't get a little tedious at this volume. Lots of lighting adjustments and different angles were followed with over a week of work on the computer. When shooting items like this there is a lot of clean-up work in Photoshop - removing dust and scratches - and even adding some logos to certain parts. The relationship with the company is now ongoing and they drop off new parts for me to shoot at my studio from time to time.
I find that there is art in shooting anything - making the Cuyahoga Valley look cool with black and white film is fun - but making a transmission crossmember look cool can be equally rewarding and challenging.











Maybe not the most interesting post - but it is work that I am proud of. I plan to post more professional work from time to time.

No comments: