Sunday, June 23, 2013

Snap! at The Massillon Museum

Pale Blue Eyes
Yesterday I went down to the Massillon Museum to see the opening of the 'Snap! in the Photobooth with Andy Warhol and Friends' exhibit. My friend Dave Rich and members of The Bizzaros and Tin Huey formed a Velvet Underground cover band called Pale Blue Eyes and played outside on the museum lawn for the occasion. The band was awesome although the lighting conditions were really tough for photos - I should have brought my flash for some fill light. The exhibit was really cool - mostly photobooth strips that Warhol had made along with a few silk screen prints based on them. The Museum had a couple other really good exhibits at the same time and I would even consider heading back down there to see them when it is less crowded. I managed to get my best photos of the night walking back to my car - a few long exposures.
Pale Blue Eyes
Pale Blue Eyes
  Pale Blue Eyes
More Pale Blue Eyes
Pale Blue Eyes
Even More Pale Blue Eyes Crowd
The Crowd - I've been using the Automatic Distortion Correction tool that is new in Adobe Photoshop CC on a lot of photos - it is pretty cool - I'll have to post a before and after soon. It really made this one look better.
  Massillon at Night
'The Lincoln Highway' - Downtown Massillon - 30 second exposure. Alley
'OK' Massillon alley at night - I had my camera on the ground for this shot - praying that a car wouldn't come by.

No comments: