Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Country Roads

Country Road
This is my third and final post on the Hocking Hills region of Ohio. There were to many good photos for just one or two - and I could have taken even more but I did want to relax, enjoy the scenery, and talk to that girlfriend of mine a bit. Anyways, the old farms in the rolling hills were one of the most scenic things I've viewed. Many of the of the farms had beautiful rustic barns and cool old tractors. Ohio truly is a beautiful state.
Barn
barn6 Notice!
I know that barns falling in on themselves has been done a million times in photography - and there is a reason - its just plain photographic....not to mention the national sense of sadness/nostalgia over the constantly disappearing rural countryside.

Country Road II
I went for a drive around sunset to try and capture a few of the farms(or former farms) near our cabin. I stopped in the above spot to take a photo with my Minolta X-700 and some Tri-X - I decided to shoot a test shot with my Canon 7D for compositional purposes. After a shot I sat back in my car to switch cameras when a bunch of deer started crossing the road - I jumped back out in time to capture the last one - It couldn't have been more perfect.

No comments: