Friday, December 25, 2020

Let it Snow - Without Snow

snow6
I just broke all of my own rules - I shot a new camera with a new film and developed it in a new developer....but it worked! These came out pretty nice for a mostly overcast day. I rode south down the Towpath and just took some snaps before hitting some industrial gravel and finishing the roll. The camera is my new(to me) Minolta XD11 and the film is Film Photography Project's 'Let it Snow' which is based on Svema Foto 100. The film is extremely fine grained and with a red 25 filter on my lens has that infrared look. It is also the flattest drying film I've ever shot which is great for scanning. I developed it in Adox Rodinal at a 1:50 dilution for 13 minutes.


Towpath Loc
The Towpath just north of Akron has finally reopened after six years - I always remeber thinking how cool riding through this old canal lock was.
snow2
I love this new Minolta - I will end up doing a full video and post about it eventually but I've wanted this camera for about a decade.
snow3
The Little Cuyahoga River
snow4
The camera also came with a Rokkor lens I didn't have - a 50mm f/1.4
snow5
snow7
I want to see what the lens looks like without the filter and in more wide open situations but I'm happy with it for these photos.
snow8
snow9
snow10
My bike is red so that gives you and idea of the effects of the filter with this film.
snow11
snow12
snow13
snow14
snow15
These green trees show that this could be a really cool film for a sweeping summer landscape.
snow16
snow17
snow18
snow19
snow20
Akron Ride
I did buy two rolls of this emulsion so my plan is to save the second one for a snow-covered day with a blue sky.
Merry Christmas!

No comments: