Monday, December 14, 2020

Bergger around Akron

Akron Rides
I shot my second roll of Bergger Pancro 400 last week. I was riding my bike around Akron with my Minolta X-700 mostly looking for hand painted signs and old run down buildings. I guess this vibe kind of fits the sensation of isolation lately. Alone together. Anyways I really like this film - I made a video about my first roll explaining all the reasons(linked at the bottom) but in a nutshell it has tremendous exposure latitude and a grainy but nice look. It is the newest black and white film on the market and this French company has created something truly unique. It isn't cheap but I definitely will buy more.


Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
This is one of the oldest buildings in Akron and has had a number of lives.
Akron Rides
This was kind of funny - this car looked perfect from the road until you walked around the other side where it was all bashed in.
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
My Raleigh is the bomb!
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
I love this light and I have always had this thing for repetive strustures in my film photography - I turned a bunch of projects like this in when I first learned it in high school.
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
I remember taking this just wondering what the light would look like in black and white.
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
For the last few shots(above) I had been rushing around trying to capture as much of that perfect light as I could before it disappeared.
Akron Rides
Akron Rides
Akron Rides

All about Bergger.

This roll in video form.

No comments: