Friday, May 1, 2020

Bergger Pancro 400

Remnants
I tried out Bergger Pancro 400 for the first time and just developed it in HC-110 dilution b. I was surprised that the development time was 9 minutes - that seems crazy for dilution b - I double checked multiple sources before doing it. Bergger says the film has two emulsions which make for a wide exposure latitude that works well in any developer. I would have to say they are correct - this film had more latitude and information on the negative than anything I had ever shot. They also claim decent grain size but I found it to be pretty grainy - not necessarily a bad thing but this is not TMax. Overall I was really happy with this film - the exposure latitude makes it great for scanning and post-processing.


Bergger is a French company, the film says "Made in Germany", and the online community says it is made by the English company Ilford - and this is their only film. All kind of strange.
Kenmore
I did deepend the blacks a bit on these scans but they really didn't need much work. I'm guessing since my subject matter was mostly contrasty already I shot this film in optimal conditions.
Kenmore
This shot might not have worked on some other emulsions.
Kenmore
midtones for dayz.
Kenmore
Kenmore
Kenmore
Wash Tub
I did have the red filter on my Minolta X-700's lenses - I really like the sky in this photo. You really do see the grain though - which as I said I don't mind.
Steps
Farmer's Market
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
I can't wait to share the project I'm working on with the above photo and the ones that follow.
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
Remnants
The tones and texture in this are fantastic.
Remnants
Remnants
I love my vintage 55mm f/1.7 Rokkor.

No comments: