Monday, April 15, 2019

Opening Day for Trails

Trail Opening Day
The Rails to Trails Conservancy(along with other local and national partners) sponsored Trail Opening Days across the country. I rode my bike up to the Cleveland one at Merwin's Wharf. I went on the bike tour to check out the latest addition to the Towpath Trail - I actually didn't realize these parts were open yet. After the event I rode over to the new restaurant, Good Company, and met Erin for lunch. Afterwards I rode home capping a 90 mile day on the bike. 
As usual when I ride I brought my Canon 6D and nifty fifty combo - in general I'm happy enough with the images from this lightweight combo - my main problem with the cheap, plastic lens is actual the colors I get from it(it always takes a little extra editing work to make them look ok).  


Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
I always enjoy checking out everyone's bikes. You could tell it really was many people's first day out - flat tires, rubbing, rusty chains, other mechanical issues...gotta get those bike tuned up in spring if you don't ride them all winter friends!
Trail Opening Day
What a handsome bicycle - oh - that is my bicycle!
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Ready to Roll
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
The Towpath Mounds - instead of hauling away the dirt from the excavation the built it up into these mounds that give a great view of the city.
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Trail Opening Day
Good Company
Good Company was fantastic - almost everything was made in house and sourced locally. The food vibe is like a Swenson's - but better quality.
Good Company
Good Company
Good Company
I also had my first beer from the local brewery Jolly Scholar - a delicious porter.
After 42 miles back home in the wind I collapsed on the coach for a while....

No comments: