Thursday, April 25, 2019

Louisville

Louisville
Erin and I wanted to see the band Lord Huron but the announced tour skipped Ohio - so we decided to take a road trip to Louisville to catch them. A day after we booked our Air BnB they announced a second part of the tour that would be stopping in Cleveland - oh well - we still decided to explore the city on our bicycles and take in the show. We ended up having a great time - Louisville had some great bike trails and great bicycle infrastructure on the city streets. I brought my old camera(6D) with me since I knew we would be spending most of our time on the bikes and I can fit it in my frame bag with the nifty fifty.  


Louisville
A school I obviously never went to.
Louisville
The neighborhood we stayed in felt kind of like the Highland Square/Lakewood hip area. Breweries, galleries, food, patios, etc.
Louisville
Louisville
I was hungry when I got to town so I rode over to Against the Grain Brewery for lunch.
Louisville
Louisville
This is on an old train bridge that has been turned into a pedestrian/cycling path. I went when I first got there and then again the next morning with Erin.
Louisville
Louisville
The approaches to the bridge had long since been removed so they built these cool circular ones for access.
Louisville
Louisville
I then went for a decently long ride along the Ohio River - this trail was part of the Louisville Loop - which is a trail in progress that will eventually circle the whole metro area.
Louisville
Gravely Brewing
Louisville
The entire back bar wall was vintage stereo equipment - very cool.
Louisville
I ordered two small pours of different IPA's and both were excellent.
Louisville
The Air BnB
Louisville
Annabell's of Louisville
Louisville
Outside our place.
Louisville
Louisville
Back to the bridge(after a coffee stop). Going through these photos I realized I didn't shoot as many photos with my DSLR as I had thought. More and more when I travel I end up posting an instagram story or pic and later notice I never pulled out my "real" camera.
Louisville
Louisville
After our walk we grabbed the bikes and went for a ride around town. We cruised through a beautiful historic neighborhood, campus, and then stopped at Monnik Beer Co. for lunch - the food was killer.
Louisville
Louisville
Louisville
Louisville
...and then by Gravely on our way back...
Louisville
They had an amazing patio.
Louisville
...and remnants of lagering caves.
Louisville
I didn't take any photos that evening because we walked to dinner and the show and I was afraid they wouldn't let me in with my camera. In the morning we drove out to another part of the trail and rode. It was one of the best bike trails we had ever been on.
Louisville
The trail was all concrete with single track trails breaking off every so often. There were also really nice brand new restrooms along the way. There are some more pics over on my cycling instagram page @zippercitycycles
Cincinnati
We decided to stop in Cincinnati on our way home to wait out rush hour - we walked around Over the Rhine and stopped for lunch at Taft's Ale House.
Cincinnati
It is in a converted church.
Cincinnati
Cincinnati
Erin had a coffee at the new Platform.
Cincinnati
We explored a little more and then checked out Rhinegeist Brewing.
Cincinnati
Which is a pretty amazing place.
Cincinnati
Cincinnati
Cincinnati
The rooftop patio is incredible.
Cincinnati
Cincinnati
Cincinnati
Cincinnati

No comments: