Saturday, February 25, 2017

Akron2Akron


Last night I photographed another one of the Akron2Akron walking tours. With the February date they decided to schedule a mostly inside tour - of Quaker Squarer(formerly Quaker Oats) and Greystone Hall(formerly the Masonic Temple) - but this being Ohio it turned out to be a beautiful 70. Anyways - both places are loaded with history - they are such cool buildings. Quaker Square's grain silos were converted into a hotel and are now University of Akron dorm rooms. The old Masonic Temple is now run by the Akron/Summit County Visitors Buildings and is used for everything from weddings to plays.
I always think I know so much Akron history but come away from these tours knowing so much more. Put March 18th on your calendar to take advantage of the next one.



When i was a kid I thought the train displays were the coolest.










As you can probably tell I have been having dun with my super-wide angle lens.





























No comments: