Monday, August 10, 2015

Life's a Beach


My family took a vacation last week to Isle of Palm, S.C. - a barrier island by Charleston. We spent a lot of time on the beach and in the ocean - it was great to see the ocean through the eyes of my nieces and nephews. I also had my bike with me and went on a few solo rides checking out some of the historic sites and scenery with my film cameras(those posts soon). Charleston is a great city - it is amazing how well preserved it is. This is a vacation spot I would definitely return to - there are a lot of things that we/I didn't even have time for(such as Fort Sumter).


One room wide "Charleston style" houses - with carriage tour in front. We took one of these tours also - it was really great - learned a ton of history.

"Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge"
I rode my bike out here one afternoon. This bridge goes between Mt. Pleasant and Charleston.

Beach on Sullivan's Island - which is the island next to Isle of Palms.

"Breach Inlet"
Which divides Sullivan's from Isle of Palms - there was a Revolutionary War battle here.

Ryen on the beach.

Tree on the beach - Charleston lights in the background.

Great dinner and drink spot on Sullivan's Island.

Mom and Dad at Poe's

Andrew at Poe's

My brother's kids at Poe's

Many a coffees and beers were drank on this balcony.
Fort Sumter - from Fort Moultrie.
Where the first shots of the Civil War were fired(for those not in the know).
Wine stop on the way down...

No comments: