Saturday, November 15, 2014

First Snow

Ledges Trail II Laura and I decided to get a couple more of our hikes in for the Fall Hiking Spree today. It was clear as a bell in Akron as we headed out to Twinsburg to do our first hike on the Ledges Trail at Liberty Park. I don't know what I was thinking by wearing a pair of tennis shoes - there was a couple of inches of snow on the ground at the top of Summit County. I watched on TV and Facebook the heavy, lake effect snow falling up North the previous evening but for some reason it didn't register with us. Anyways - I was able to keep my feet fairly dry and it made for a beautiful hike. I always enjoy the snow for a while - and it was pretty today - come March it will be a different story.

Laura and First Snow Laura was the smart one with her boots on - but even she was just thinking about it being cold - not snow covered. Ledges Trail "Ledges and Snow"
I still have yet to get to Liberty when the Leaves are still on the trees - which I think would make this a more interesting hike. There is a long boardwalk that would probably feel like a tunnel through the forest in Summer or Fall.

No comments: