Monday, April 28, 2014

Tire Recycling

ReWorks Apparently you are not just supposed to throw your scrap tires in the woods - thats why ReWorks has scrap tire collection events. I was there to document it for them on Saturday at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center. On other days they do document shredding and chemical collections(no latex paint!). It was pretty amazing how many people had of tires to be scrapped(and a total cross section of people at that) - I always let the guys at the tire place keep them when I get my new ones... 
Reworks, formerly known as The Summit/Akron Solid Waste Management Authority, goal is to reduce landfill use in Summit County - my photographs are to be used as part of an effort to raise awareness of their mission.

Tire Recycling I jumped in the back of the semi truck they were loading with the tires for some better perspective. Scrap Tires The forecast was for a dreary day - I was thrilled when it turned out to be beautiful. Tires on Trucks 'Truck Loading'

No comments: