Friday, March 21, 2014

The Hard Way on Purpose

David Giffles Last night I went to see David Giffels speak and read from his newly released book, 'The Hard Way on Purpose' at the Akron Public Library. It was the second time I have seen him read in person and it was fantastic. (As I've mentioned before - I had the honor of taking the author shot that appears on the back of the book jacket and in the promo material). David does a great job at his readings keeping things entertaining and added off-the-cuff remarks that really played to the hometown crowd. Even though the book is about living in the Rust Belt(particularly Akron) many of the themes will still be universal. I would really like to see a reading in another city to see which lines get the most laughs. After the reading there was a Q&A that got rolling really well - David kept the crowd laughing until the library had to shut it down to get to the signing - which made sense - I think it would have gone all night...

David Giffles I arrived early and parked myself fairly close and dead center knowing I would want a few shots. The lighting was near impossible but I still managed a couple worth posting...

No comments: