Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Book

The Book This post was supposed to be a big exciting announcement for my new book - "Welcome to Cuyahoga Valley National Park". Unfortunately it is not. My plan was to self-publish and sell through my website a collection of color photographs taken in the Cuyahoga Valley. Flickr had just come out with an app to make photo books with the photos that have been uploaded to their website - I thought this would be the perfect way to make my book. Turns out the photos are not reproduced in nearly the quality that I would consider selling. The photos are flat with hardly any saturation, unsharp, and with visible lines from the printing process. On top of all it my cost was $45 not including shipping. Adding in shipping and a little bit of money for my efforts would send the price of this sub-par book through the roof.  I've begun the search to find out if anything of significant quality can be made for a reasonable price. Updates to follow.

The Open Book
I do like the size and layout of the book - it comes with a decent binding and nice dust jacket too. It just doesn't do the photos justice.

No comments: