Sunday, August 11, 2013

Houseguest at Musica

Houseguest
Yesterday evening Houseguest played a reunion show at Musica for the Square Records 10th Anniversary and also to benefit their friend Dan who is fighting cancer. The show was absolutely amazing and what someone called a "life reunion" - there were more people that I knew in one room than probably any other time in my life. I really don't like trying to take photos at Musica - I can't seem to get anything to work really well. I attempted bouncing my flash off the ceiling(a favorite method of mine) but I couldn't bounce it well because of the black ceiling....and I rarely like the look I get from shooting it directly at the band. So I switched to shooting everything with the too-dim-stage lighting - which meant mostly shooting wide open at high-ISO(between 1250 and 6400). It was one of those nights where capturing the moment was more important that having photos of perfect quality.  Also I have begun to realize the grain/noise I see in my shots when I view them large isn't offensive to the average viewer seeing them at a much smaller size.  Regardless of picture-quality it was one of the most fun nights ever. Below is a video I shot - my camera actually over-heated and shut of right at the very end of the song - I've never had that happen before. 
 

Houseguest
For most of the shots(like this one) I held the camera up straight up over my head to get it above the crowd. Houseguest
Ted and Steve
Houseguest
Crowd Surfing
Houseguest
Ted
Houseguest
Super Grain
Houseguest
Steve takes over...

No comments: