Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Beaver Dam Morning Stroll

Lily Pads II
This morning I woke up and checked the weather report - it looked like the skies where going to be fairly clear and it was going to be a little cold(for this time of year anyways). So I quickly sipped my coffee while searching for my flannel and wiping the sleep from my eyes. I hit the road for the Beaver Pond Trailhead near the corner of Ira and Riverview Roads. I've hiked here tons of times but have never had the chance to get a good Summer morning shot -I envisioned a beautiful photograph titled "Beaver Pond Sunrise #1" - I even imagined the fog mysteriously rising from the pond. Well, things don't always go according to plan and the sun and fog refused to materialize - in fact I actually rushed back to my car a little early as the predicted 10% chance of rain turned to a 100% reality. I managed to capture these three shots in the diffuse, cloudy light before I was on my way to work. I guess when life throws you lemons....
Flower Back
Wild Flower from the Back Beaver Pond
The Beaver Pond full of plant life.
I like the almost-abstract quality of this shot.

No comments: