Monday, January 21, 2013

Bottling on Film

Preparing to Bottle
Today I combined two of my hobbies - home brewing and film photography. I shot these photos with my Minolta X-700 on Fuji Neopan 400 and developed it in Kodak HC-110(b). This is the first roll of Neopan I have ever used. I was about to bottle my Oatmeal Stout and shot these to finish off a roll that I used to take a photo essay in the Valley(I'll post those tomorrow(its getting late)). So far I really like the look of this film - its definitely similar to Ilford HP5 and Kodak Tri-X but I'm not ready to say which I like best yet. On these images I noticed that the mid-tones looked nice - but I usually don't shoot film indoors so I can't say for sure if that's due to the properties of the film.....more on all of this tomorrow...
Bottle Study #2
'Bottle Study' - I try to mostly use recycled bottles. Airlock
The airlock on my glass, secondary fermenter. Bottle Study #4
'Bottles from Above'
Bottle Study #1
I've picked up a few of these old pop-crates at estate sales - the are perfect for home-brewing.

2 comments:

Tim Fitzwater said...

It would be nice to have some shots of the bottling in action - there is just too much going on to shoot and bottle at the same time.

bilder freistellen said...

Love your page, and cutting out the handwritten stamps... what a great idea