Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mama Don't Take My Tri-X Away!

Mama Don't Take My Tri-X Away
Many words have already been typed across the photographic-blogosphere about Kodak filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy today - my favorite blog, The Online Photographer, did a good job of covering the story.
At work this morning we were talking about how old you have to be to even know the phrase "ah, that's a Kodak moment". Also a nerdy conversation went something like this:
"I hope you are stocking up on Tri-X"
"I ordered ten more rolls this morning"
"Tri-X is the best film ever - impossible to mess that stuff up"
"What about T-Max?"
"F@*K T-Max! I need that grain!"
etc.
I hope Kodak finds a way to re-emerge a leaner and more profitable company...and they keep making my beloved Tri-X 400.

No comments: