Friday, February 18, 2011

Under the Bridge

Under the Bridge
Treacherous Hike
On my way home from the thrift store this morning(where I found two pretty cool cameras - more on that over the weekend) I decided to stop at Memorial Parkway and go for a hike on the Towpath Trail. I didn't get very far. As you can see to the right the trail was covered in ice - the conditions were pretty treacherous. After sliding around for a bit I decided I to turn around but before I left I took the above picture under the Memorial Parkway bridge. I set my camera on the hand rail so I could use a small aperture and longer exposure - I wanted an overall sharp photo and enough light to get some shadow detail on the bottom of the bridge. I used a black and white gradient map in Photoshop and a decent amount of the 'unsharp mask'.

No comments: