Thursday, August 29, 2019

CX at Edgewater

CX Race
My friend Woody has been racing cyclo-cross with Joy Machines Racing for a few years now but I hadn't had the chance to see him. With Sunday looking like a beautiful day Ben and I decided to ride up to Edgewater Park and take in the first race of the season. Since it was going to be over a 70 mile day for Ben and I in the saddle I just brought my usual riding set-up - the Canon 6D with the 40mm pancake lens - not an ideal rig for sports photography but I still did my best to catch a few cool photos of my friends.


CX Race
There are a number of different races or "categories" with Cat 5 being the slowest and shortest and Cat 1 being the longest and fastest. There were also practice sessions and women's racing(though some women rode with the "men").
CX Race
Sand pit followed by a steep hill - all but the strongest riders ran the hill.
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
This was a bumpy descent - choosing a line was key.
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
CX Race
Beer hand off
CX Race
CX Race
Woody snagging one.
CX Race
This was the start of the fastest race - we had a couple friends on different teams in this one.
CX Race
Jay, in the orange, is Dirty River's Cannondale Rep.
CX Race
Our buddy Ted - I've known him forever but he also rides with us on Wednesdays sometimes.
CX Race
CX Race

No comments: