Saturday, March 26, 2016

House Show

White Lighter
My friend Aaron put on a house show in Highland Square last night. He is renovating the house to rent out so it was a perfect venue. The show benefited a project Aaron is undertaking; he is converting a building into a venue/artspace/store etc., called the Armory (not far from Hoban High School.) More on that in future posts.

'Thorla,'  Bradley Thorla's solo project kicked of the show with a mellowish/moody jam.
Next up was the duo 'Girl Band' who played great covers of The Beatles, Sam Cooke, Smokey Robinson, and lots of other good stuff - these ladies can sing. Closing the show was the first appearance by 'White Lighter,' who picked up the pace with some rock and roll.

Thorla
'Thorla'
Thorla
Thorla
Thorla
Thorla
The lights on the floor mixed well with my flash once I figured out the correct settings - I like the unique look it gave this set of photos.
Thorla
"Pedal Stomper"
Girl Band
'Girl Band'
Girl Band
Girl Band
Girl Band
Girl Band
Girl Band
Girl Band
Girl Band
Girl Band
Girl Band
White Lighter
'White Lighter'
White Lighter
White Lighter
I accidentally shot this photo with the settings I had turned on for video - when the flash went off it was over-exposed. So I brought down the exposure in Photoshop with a few different tools and I really liked the results. I probably couldn't replicate it if I tried.
White Lighter
White Lighter
White Lighter
White Lighter
White Lighter
No flash - ISO 2500.
White Lighter
I hadn't been to a house show in a grip - it was a blast.
Great music, cheap beer, the best people, good cause.

No comments: