Friday, April 18, 2014

Broken Bottle Sunset

Daffodils in the Woods VIII Last night as the sun was starting to get low in the side I decided I had to get out for a hike - I mean, this is what we have been waiting for all Winter, right? It was a little late to head anywhere too far so I went down to the nearby Big Bend Area for a short, easy walk during the magic hour. Well, as usual, one thing led to another and before I knew it I was off-trail following broken bottles, old roads and finding collapsed houses....

Sun Crest Soda "Sun Crest Soda" - apparently this stuff is still made - the brand is now owned by Dad's. I found this bottle and a few others in a pile - which set me off on a path to finding more and more old junk. Sahara Dry Beverages "Sahara Dry Beverages" - from an Akron based soda company that existed in the 40's and 50's. Lite "Lite in the Woods" - What a clever title! Not a replica - the real thing... Steps to Nowhere #9 "Steps to Nowhere #9" - the steps always survive. Foundation Study #47 This house foundation was on an abandoned road that dead ends where Valley View Golf Course begins. Cinder Block and Tree #1 'Cinder Blocks in Late Day Sun' Bags, Daffodils, and Tire The daffodils always lead me things this time of year. The areas was littered with old car parts, pots, air conditioners, bottles and all kinds of other things. I ran out of light before I could get any better photos though. The Original Draft Root Beer This was a plastic soda tray filled with various old bottles - too bad they were all broken. Criss Cross 'Criss Cross' ...and I'll end with an obligatory sunset photo - which is all I had set out to see...

No comments: