Saturday, January 12, 2013

Push It, Push It Real Good!

Window Shopping
I attempted to push develop film for the first time - it was Ilford HP5 400 and I pushed it to 1600. My family has a tradition of going to the West Side Market in Cleveland on the day after Thanksgiving. I knew I wanted to shoot some film but I already had a roll of HP5 in my Minolta X-700 and I figured there wouldn't be enough light for ISO 400 - so I decided to attempt to push it. To push film you set your camera at a faster ISO and then develop for a longer amount of time than normal.  I was surprised by how well it turned out - I thought the grain would become much more noticeable - but it really didn't seem that much different than at 400. The negatives definitely become much more contrasty with less mid-tones but I like fairly contrasty photos for the most part anyways. I'd say it was a successful experiment that will be tried again...
 (I didn't post these earlier because my old computer had decided to stop cooperating with my scanner) Produce
Mexican!
Buying some Mexican salad. Tanner
Tanner
Silhouettes
Silhouettes - follow me on Twitter/Like me on Facebook Jerky!
Jerky - You know I bought some of this Beer Samples
Beer Samples @ Market Garden Brewery Candied Apples
Candied Apples
Fresh Fish
Fresh Fish

No comments: